When looking for a drug rehabilitation or alcohol treatment program, it is important to ask questions about the rehab, what your experience in rehab will be like, and if the rehab or treatment center deals with the areas of your specific addictions.
Cost of Rehab and Treatment Questions:
- Does the program accept your insurance?
- If not, are there payment plans or other forms of support?
Drug Rehab Facility Questions:
- Is the program run by state-accredited, licensed, and/or trained professionals?
- Is the facility clean, organized, and well run?
Drug Rehab Programs Questions:
- Does the program encompass the full range of needs of the individual (medical: including infectious diseases; psychological: including co-occurring mental illness; social; vocational; legal; etc.)?
- Does the drug and/or alcohol treatment program also address sexual orientation and physical disabilities as well as provide age, gender and culturally appropriate treatment services?
- Are long-term aftercare support and/or guidance encouraged, provided, and maintained?
Drug Rehab Treatments Questions:
- Is there ongoing assessment of an individuals treatment plan to ensure it meets changing needs?
- Does the program employ strategies to engage and keep individuals in longer-term addiction treatment, increasing the likelihood of success?
- Does the program offer counseling (individual or group) and other behavioral therapies to enhance the individual’s ability to function in the family/community?
- Does the program offer medication as part of the treatment regimen, if appropriate?
Post Drug Rehab Support Questions:
- Is there ongoing monitoring of possible substance abuse relapse to help guide patients back to abstinence?
Family Programs/Support Questions:
- Are services or referrals offered to family members to ensure they understand drug addiction and alcoholism and the recovery process to help them support the recovering individual?
*Question from: “Finding Meth Treatment.” Meth Kills. Accessed: June 18, 2010.