There are so many websites that talk about drugs, addiction, and rehabilitation treatment options, but does it feel like they are all bull? Like they don’t have any “real” information?
The search for reliable, resourced information about drug addiction, alcoholism, and rehabilitation treatment options can be a frustrating one! Especially when you need up-to-date info that deals with the issues you faced in 2009, 2010 and beyond!
We feel your pain! That’s why all of our web pages have the websites and resources where we got our information!
Also, we are scouring the web for resources on drugs, addiction & rehab and putting them on our site for you!
Check out the latest news about drugs, addiction and rehab, cataloged television shows and programs that offer unique and insightful information, scholarly articles, and nationally renown organizations that provide research and information on drug effects, addiction and rehab!
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Lead by leading doctor on the brain and addiction, Dr. Nora Volkow, the National Institute on Drug Abuse’s website provides straight-forward information about the results of drug abuse, prevalence of drug abuse in various areas around the USA, substance of abuse, explanations about addiction, and principles of recovery.
Areas that we especially like:
- Addiction: "Drugs, Brains, and Behavior - The Science of Addiction" – Booklet ondrug abuse and addiction, strategies for preventing drug abuse, and how drugs affect the brain.
- Addiction Science: From Molecules to Managed Care – Introduces what is the disease of addiction, how drug abuse changes the brain, why people abuse drugs, how drugs change the brain, and how drugs effect the central nervous system and the brain.
- Types of Drugs– Discusses the effects of drugs like Acid/LSD, MDMA, Cocaine, Heroin, Methamphetamine, PCP, Prescription Medications, Alcohol, Steroids, street names and slang of drugs, how a drug is used, short-term and long-term effects, and withdrawal symptoms.
- Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment – Outlines guides to effective treatment programs and recovery options.
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Service Administration
A US health administration organization that provides links to new drug news, resource centers for different social problems revolving around drugs and substance abuse, as well as treatment center locator.
The University of Utah
The University of Utah has developed a great series about addiction, genetics and addiction, challenges and issues in addiction, etc. The information is interactive and information, giving a person trying to understand drugs for the first time great basic information.
Areas that we like:
- Mouse Party - an interactive game talking about drugs and what drug chemical's do to a user's brain.
Addiction by HBO
An amazing series that looks at understanding what is addiction, adolescent addiction, treatment options, and stigma and discrimination of addicts.
Black Tar Heroin documentary directed by Steven Okazaki (1999)
A touching and heartbreaking documentary filmed between 1995 and 1998 that follows five young heroin addicts and charts their digression into heroin addiction, HIV/AIDS, prostitution, and jail.
My Strange Addiction & Addiction - Discovery Health Video Series
The Discovery Channel's health website has a great video series about different types of drugs and their effects in 3 to 5 min. segments. Perfect way to brush up on your drug knowledge!
Other Resources to Meet Your Needs
National Directory of Affordable Alcohol and Drug Detox and Rehab Centers.
For your recreation needs
Boat Donations | Donate Your Boat to Pacific Marine Foundation
Your boat bonation to Pacific Marine Foundation gains you a tax deduction and helps support youth programs. All donations are managed by professionals who have successfully handled hundreds of boat and yacht donations.